Monday, September 15, 2008

Canoe Escape

Canoe Escape is a great way to see Florida's wildlife. The best time for wildlife is March through May. You may see a red-shouldered hawk which is rare to see. There are also egrets and herons so be sure to bring your camera's and binoculars! This 16,000-acre wilderness preserve is home to birds and reptiles here. While canoeing on the Hillsborough River you can marvel at the large cypress, oak and maple trees. The Hillsborough River gets 40 million gallons of pure water everyday from Crystal Springs. Canoe Escape offers six different self guided tours. You may want to call ahead of time to make reservations. Canoe Escape is located at 9335 E. Fowler Avenue Thonotosassa, Florida 33592. Phone: 813-986-2067

1 comment:

  1. I just moved from Florida. I am in WV now. Unfortunately, I worked most of the 6 years that I was there and didn't get to see a lot of the tourist attractions. I might like to take the Canoe Escape if I ever make it back there, though.

    ReplyDelete